Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Its a Beautiful Morning

Ok, so I have allowed myself one decadence--NO ALARM CLOCK!! I love it! I sleep until my body says, "OK, you can get up now" I have never done this. I have been tired all my life, it seemed like I could never get enough sleep. So, I decided, what the hell?? Who will care? And it feels so great!! I have noticed that I am starting to wake up earlier and go to sleep a little later every day. Maybe I am getting caught up?? The experiment lives on.....
I had such a nice day yesterday, feeling much better than on Sunday. Not sure what that was all about... Anyway, I got a lot done and enjoyed every minute of it. I finished getting the rest of the upstairs put back together since I destroyed the whole area just trying to get my studio in order-which I LOVE, have I told you that lately? lol Anyway, back to my day, all that was left was the yucky stuff that I didn't want to deal with, I hate that, I always leave the worst for last:) But it is all done and looks very nice. Even Jacobi cleaned her room-wonders never cease....
I worked in my studio until about 9:00 on the aprons for the bug boil, they are definitely getting better as I go!! had a little snafu, my machine kinda locked up so I will have to take in with me when I go to my class tomorrow and hopefully its an easy fix. If not, I do have a back-up just not sure how to use my new fancy machine yet, so hopefully tomorrow will fix that. Oh believe me, it will take me the next year to really learn that thing but if I can do some basic stitching, I'm in business.
Its crazy, I think all night long of how to make the next one better and then wake up so ready to try it that I don't want to do anything else-there is that obsessive behaviour again. I feel like when I walk into my studio I have entered another world, one that is so comfortable and totally ME.
Another great thing about my journey is reconnecting with all my old friends that I haven't seen in years, just not having the time and being so consumed with my career. I just got a phone call from Brenda Belcher-who I love-and have been such a terrible friend to that I have not even seen her grandson that will be a year in June!!!! I am going to have lunch with her on Friday in Alma and I am so looking forward to it!! I also reached out to another old friend, Kim, and we are having lunch tomorrow. Never again will I let this happen. The most important things in life are family and friends!!!! While we are on the subject, I have a very dear and old friend that is very ill right now, Brian Bergersen. He has been having mini strokes, he has had surgery and will now have to have another due to finding a whole in his heart that will have to be patched. I pray for him daily and little scenes periodically will roll thru and I remember something we did, how stupid we were, or him!! lol But mostly how much fun we had! He has to recover!!! I am not ready to lose him!!!!!
With that, I will say bye for now.
See ya later

No comments:

Transcendental Etude

No one ever told us we had to study our lives, make of our lives a study, as if learning learning natural history or music, that we should begin with the simple exercises first and slowly go on trying the hard ones, practicing till strength and accuracy became one with the daring of breaking down the wild arpeggio or faulting the full sentence of the fugue.
--And in fact we can't live like that: we take on everything at once before we've even begun in the midst of the hard movement, the one already sounding as we are born.

Adrienne Rich