Friday, April 16, 2010

April 16, 2010

So, where was I, Oh ya, Saturday-Walk for Autism. Me, Jacobi, Molly, Meagan & Essa headed to Bentonville but only after Chris made us all breakfast. Not knowing we ate all the eggs and left him with nothing and he never said anything. I love that man! He would do anything for us-we need to take care of him!!! Anyway, it was a beautiful morning and lots of people were there. We went on the Fun Walk, which was just going around a rather small circle, we really should of went on the 5K. No matter, I loved being with my girls. Afterwards we all went to look at where Meagan is living and how she decorated her room-darling. Meagan was telling us about a cupcake shop in downtown Bentonville, so I said let's try it-6 Cupcakes for 16.00, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I didn't think to look at the price, they were cupcakes for godsakes!! Oh well, they kids enjoyed them.
When we got home, Chris and I headed for Farmers Market in Fayetteville. I love going there. We bought some eggs and Jeresalem Artichokes...hmmm, interesting. It looks like a ginger root-we'll see. I'm up for trying "just" about anything once. Then headed over to Home Depot and ended up buying more than we had planned-surprise!! Then headed to lunch at our favorite Mexican food restaurant-Little Charleys, yummy!! By the time we got home I was exhausted and took a nap. Not Chris, of course, he continued to work in the yard. We had a fabulously decadent night, drank some scotch and crawled into bed early to watch a movie-Precious. Wow, not an exactly uplifting movie, it actually kind of pissed me off. If I could of gotten a hold of those parents.....hmmmm. Anyway, we then went to sleep early. I love it when he is home.
Sunday was another beautiful day and we headed for Heber Springs to watch Jordan thru a practice round before her tournament starts on Monday. What a beautiful course and area with the lake all around. Chris and I fell in love!!! We met Jordan's teammates and I know she loved having us both there. She is so darn precious. She had planned on leaving with us and staying at Daddy Dave's & Lady Di's but when she found out she had an 8:00 o'clock tee time she thought again, lol. So we kissed her good bye and she headed back to Conway and we went to Benton, where we were spoiled rotten as usual!! Dave didn't have any scotch so he borrowed some from his neighbor-:) You gotta love it!! We had a wonderful dinner as usual. I love them so much and they are so fun to be with!!!
Monday, I took Chris to work and he headed for DC early afternoon.
The next couple of days were kind of uneventful, working in the yard and planting all my seeds and getting things cleaned up. I planted my first vegetable garden ever!! Crazy huh? I know, I know, but Chris has always done it. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Hopefully, we will have lots of vegys this summer.
Now, the fun begins----Sewing With Nancy Retreat!! YIPPEE
Stay tuned, I have to run now but will fill you in on all the Fabulous Details!!!

No comments:

Transcendental Etude

No one ever told us we had to study our lives, make of our lives a study, as if learning learning natural history or music, that we should begin with the simple exercises first and slowly go on trying the hard ones, practicing till strength and accuracy became one with the daring of breaking down the wild arpeggio or faulting the full sentence of the fugue.
--And in fact we can't live like that: we take on everything at once before we've even begun in the midst of the hard movement, the one already sounding as we are born.

Adrienne Rich