Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 3-5

Wow, have I been busy. Jordan and Chris are home for Easter weekend and we are frantically trying to get as much done in the yard as possible since Chris is only home every other weekend and we have 20 people coming over for Easter dinner.
The weather on Saturday was absolutely perfect!! Sunny, a light breeze, the best for working in the yard. I worked on the herb garden and the vegetable garden, rebuilding the rock wall, turning the soil, and weeding. That pretty much took me all day-I might be a little OCD...hmmm, but when it was done, if I do say so myself, it looked beautiful. While I spent all day on that, Chris managed to plant 100 bulbs, thin and transplant existing plants, and plant all the pots on the patio. We make a good pair, my OCD and his ADD-LOL!! I will have to go behind him and clean up but man, did he get a lot done. At the end of the day---I could not walk! Seriously, I hurt so bad, so did Chris. What a pair we make! Jordan worked on homework and ran errands for us. She is so much fun, I love having her home and you do know when she is home because she leaves a trail wherever she goes. :) We ordered Pizza, had a scotch, took 2 Advil PM's and went to bed.
That was a bad idea-for me anyway, I knew it would be-taking 2 PM's I mean. Sunday I was awful. I had a minor breakdown in the morning, stressing out about getting the house cleaned and everything done before our guests arrived and was just slightly out of it all day. I hate that I did that to myself because I was so looking forward to everyone being here. I don't think anyone noticed but I know I was forcing myself instead of naturally enjoying family time. Dinner turned out great though, Chris made a huge ham, I made a broccoli and rice casserole, Jacque brought Grammy's shrimp salad, Randy & Jeremiah brought macaroni salad, Billy added the rolls and sodas, and Anthony made fantastic enchiladas. Grandmother brought her traditional Easter cake, always a big hit and Francille's deviled eggs, dinner was served. The biggest hit of the day was Essa, what a dool baby she is. 5 months old and precious beyond belief. She is the golden child!! Neal and Noah showed up later and the Easter bunny had just left, leaving behind a basket and eggs for Noah to find. He is such a doll. Him and Jacque hit it of fabulously!! It has always been our tradition to put bathing suits in the kids Easter baskets-kind of the kicking off of outdoor activities, plus I was always so practical. So, the tradition lives on...both Noah and Essa had bathing suits in their baskets. Jacobi and Jordan got one too!!! By the end of the night I fell into bed exhausted and happy. Even happier knowing I didn't have to go to work the next day. My new life was officially starting!! Yippee
Monday, I did what every newly unemployed person does, I slept in. No alarm clock, just slept until I wanted to get up. I woke up at 6:15, 7:00, 7:30, Jordan called at 8:15, still in bed, and then I went back to sleep until 9:30! It was awesome. Chris was home, the windows were open and a cool breeze kept flowing over me, I could hear the birds singing-just Perfect I say!! I got up and checked my emails-I hadn't checked them since Friday-ughh-got all caught up on that and Chris said lets take a nap, so I did! I love the first day of Act 2. lol When I got up this time I finally feel rested. I did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen and laundry room, talked to my Mom for an hour, it was great. Chris came home with some great new plants for my pots and I planted those while he cleaned the garage. We both came in, took showers and watched the Men's NCAA Basketball championship game-Butler vs Duke. What a fabulous game, the only thing that could of made it better is if Butler had Won!! But boy, they put up a heck of a fight. I can't wait for next year.
Well, good-bye for now.
Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments:

Transcendental Etude

No one ever told us we had to study our lives, make of our lives a study, as if learning learning natural history or music, that we should begin with the simple exercises first and slowly go on trying the hard ones, practicing till strength and accuracy became one with the daring of breaking down the wild arpeggio or faulting the full sentence of the fugue.
--And in fact we can't live like that: we take on everything at once before we've even begun in the midst of the hard movement, the one already sounding as we are born.

Adrienne Rich