Friday, April 9, 2010

The End of Week 1

So, this is the end of week one. It has been a very busy week, yesterday I worked on the Habitat for Humainty house project in Bentonville. I have been working with them for over a year helping them to obtain financing from Home Depot and then a day of Team Depot volunteering. I LOVED yesterday. I feel so good giving back and helping others, also the commoraderie with the people you are sharing your day with. It really was a great day. I would be lying if I didn't tell you the whole story. Kathryn, the DM, showed up for her photo Op as we say. I'm not going to lie, it pissed me off that she was there. For her its not about the giving back-it truely is just a photo op to show her boss or get some mileage out of it somewhere. And the truth of the matter is--she didn't do a damn THING!! I mean it!! Not getting it set up, and definitely nothing while she was there. Can you believe it?? She comes to a Team Depot event and STANDS there for 4 hours. Literally, I couldn't believe it. She did not do anything--but talk. Bob Penn came and did a little-but most of the time she monolpolized him. Quinn didn't even show up-Sam was there and he helped at least he redeemed the district team to some extent!! The she proceeds to come into the room where I was working with the 2 girls who are now taking over the HR responsiblities and proceeds to tell them what their new "HR Captainships" are, right in front of me. I felt like she was just rubbing it in. This is the woman who since we found out has not said 2 words to us, in 2 months!! Not, "How are you doing?" "What are you going to do now?" "We will miss you!" "I wish you were all ready gone....." nothing! She is a stone cold bitch. And then she has the nerve to come and sit by me at lunch and try to be nice-yuck! I promise, I get along with almost everyone but she is one person I can honestly say-I DO NOT LIKE!
Anyway, moving on, on the flip side I havesuch good friends there that I will definitely maintain their friendships. A lot of very good people-I wish them all the best!!
After painting all day I had to race to the dentist-I was a mess! lol Paint on my face all over my hands and clothes but no worries. I love that place, they are the nicest people ever. They were so interested in the project we were doing and Amy, the little girl who cleans my teeth, has to be the sweetest thing ever!! She always asks me about Jacobi & Jordan-who are they doing? Who are they dating? Is Jordan excited about graduating college? She is precious!!
I then came home, made beef stroganoff-for just me "silly" but it didn't turn out very tasty I will have to Dr it up a bit more today. There was a threat of frost, why wouldn't there be-since we just planted our pots!! So, I made sure all the plants had garbage bags on them-not a very good idea but will work in a short pinch.
And to top off my day, I had a massage!! PERFECT!! I loved my day-except Kathryn-but she is insignificant to me!!!!!!!!!!
Then I went to bed and finished my book Firefly Lane-crying thru the whole ending. My tshirt was completely wet. I am glad Chris wasn't here, he would think I was so silly!!
Today, I am looking forward to finishing cleaning the bathrooms and my closet. Going driving with Blake after school and maybe seeing Marie and Steph. Another great day. The only thing that would make it better is if Chris were coming home!! Next week-end.
I am reading everything I can and learning all about the craft world. I am following my passion. I am finding classes I want to take this summer, reading a beautiful new magazine I just ordered-LaVieClaire, The Art of Living a Creative Life!! It is so inspirational!! It's about women and for women!! I want to go to flea markets, walk in a field with flowers, read and feed my soul. I want to touch the earth and have a beautiful garden with fresh vegetables and lots of flowers-unstructured flowers. Whimsical flowers-my inspiration!!
Well so much for now,
I will talk to you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Transcendental Etude

No one ever told us we had to study our lives, make of our lives a study, as if learning learning natural history or music, that we should begin with the simple exercises first and slowly go on trying the hard ones, practicing till strength and accuracy became one with the daring of breaking down the wild arpeggio or faulting the full sentence of the fugue.
--And in fact we can't live like that: we take on everything at once before we've even begun in the midst of the hard movement, the one already sounding as we are born.

Adrienne Rich