Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 2

Wow, what a busy and great day. Jordan is home thru Easter and the house has lots of activity getting ready for our company at Easter dinner-20 people. So, Chris and I are shopping for plants in the pouring rain. We will be very busy tomorrow getting them in the ground and it is suppose to be a beautiful day. We stopped by the grand opening of Mac A Doodles in Springdale and you would think we had never seen a Liquor store before. The place was packed!!! I have to admit I am excited about it too since we live in a dry county and that is right across the border, so convenient and so many choices, its huge! YIPPEE!! lol We went to Sam's club and got some stuff for Easter dinner and bought a beautiful pot, I can't wait to plant it, it will look great on the back patio. Then we went to lunch-he headed back to work and I came home to unload. Billy was here fixing the TV and receiver, Jordan was waiting for me so we could run to our favorite store----TJ Maxx!! I put everything away and arranged my fresh cut flowers in a vase, I LOVE fresh flowers, they are soo beautiful. Chatted with Billy for a while and then headed out. We had fun shopping and then ended up at Westwoods buying fantastic ferns and some annuals to spruce up the yard.
To end up a perfect day, just the 4 of us had a date night. We all got dressed up and went to Ruth's Chris for dinner to celebrate the ending of Home Depot and the beginning of a new journey for me. It was absolutely wonderful. I can't remember the last time just the 4 of us went to dinner, I treasured every minute. I had a couple of scotch's, relaxed and enjoyed--perfect!!
Jordan asked me today why I had taken off my nails, I told her I couldn't have them and do yardwork, housework and my art projects with them. Her comment--Goody, I got my Mom back!!!
Enough said.....
bye for now-see ya tomorrow
Well, that was it for day 2

No comments:

Transcendental Etude

No one ever told us we had to study our lives, make of our lives a study, as if learning learning natural history or music, that we should begin with the simple exercises first and slowly go on trying the hard ones, practicing till strength and accuracy became one with the daring of breaking down the wild arpeggio or faulting the full sentence of the fugue.
--And in fact we can't live like that: we take on everything at once before we've even begun in the midst of the hard movement, the one already sounding as we are born.

Adrienne Rich