Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Well, last week was not my best. I did not feel well for most of the week, I had something stuck in my digestive track and it was making me miserable. It didn't really start out that way, I spent the last couple of weeks focusing on my studio, so I had to do some housecleaning-that's probably why I was cranky, lol. Anyway, Monday I washed windows, starting with the back of the house, which by the way is nothing BUT windows. I was really looking forward to that, seriously, it was that continued need to bond with my home, washing down the brick and cleaning the siding, finally being able to see out the windows, having that feeling of accomplishment. OMG, they were awful!! So much pollen this year. I got all my tools together, I looked like a professional. I had my scrubber and squeegee armed with a roll of paper towels. It was a beautiful day and I so much enjoyed being outside. Did I mention I was cleaning inside and out? Oh yeah, I'm crazy! By the end of the day I was absolutely exhausted. I didn't finish until around 7:00. Chris was laughing-a job that would take him an hour I turn into an all day affair! Well, that would have been fabulous if it really would have been done in 1 day!! The next lovely morning when the beautiful sun shines thru, you got it-STREAKS!!! Ohhh, I was so damn mad. I did everything right, exactly the way they said to. I was still so tired but had to finish what I started, lucky for me I am now bonded to my home and will leave this to the professionals next time!! :) So, on Tuesday, I tried to fix it, recleaning what I could see. Did I mention all the furniture was moved into the center of the room, so it felt like everything was a mess! I had bought the good stuff, put in all the work, it should have been perfect but it wasn't. urghh!! I dropped Chris off at the airport around 2:30 and went to WalMart. Marie told me she uses Windex outdoor cleaner and it works great. I bought the kit, came home and RE-washed the outside windows. It was way easier than Monday, although I keep telling myself it was because of all the work I did on Monday. Anyway, by Wednesday, I was able to put the finishing touches and finally say I finished the windows! And they are BEAUTIFUL I might add!! I worked the whole day on cleaning, and more cleaning. Wednesday is our day with Essa, it was also Cinco de Mayo and Jordan wanted to cook tacos for dinner. She invited Jordan, her new boy-friend :), Jacobi, Neal, Meagan & Essa. I wasn't really up to it but she did all the shopping and prep work while I was cleaning. Jacobi picked up Essa and we had ourselves a party!! We had soo much fun. Jordan fits right in, he is so fun and easy and the best part Jacobi was nice!! She is usually such a little hard ass being so protective of Jordan. She doesn't let new people into our lives without first intimidating them, lol. It's true, we all told her she had to be nice!! At the end of the evening, she was telling "new" Jordan, how he was spared her normal "Lovely" self and that she didn't feel like she needed to be mean and that she really likes him-WHAT??? It was crazy-but so nice!! The kids all got along and were having such fun. But the best part of the night was Neal holding Essa, she had been a little fussy, not really finding a comfortable position. Neal picked her up and within minutes little Essa was relaxed, leaning up against his chest-snuggling. She just stayed there watching all of us-it was so darn cute. It sayed alot about Neal to me, he has such a gentle nature about him. I love him!! If these two boys stay in our lives, I believe I would have the best boys for my girls. Hmmm, time will tell. Thanks to Meagan-little matchmaker.
The rest of the week, I continued with the housecleaning kick. I worked in the yard on Thursday, thinning my plants in the garden, adding a couple of new plants and weeding. I also added something kind of hookey-a Topsy Turvey, tomatoe and herb planter. Chris is going to die! I had mentioned it before and he thought those things were rediculous BUT..he's not here, so I got one!! It is so fun and looks so cool in my garden area. I put lots of good smellings herbs and planted yellow tomatoes and stuck in there some red. On the other side I have red tomotates planted-it is going to be so beautiful when the are mature, some growing from the ground up and the otherside top down!! I can't wait to take a picture.
Friday was such a perfect day. I went to War Eagle, a crafts fair, found a lovely rug hand woven by some menonites and the coolest set of stoneware dishes-8 piece place setting-matte white on the outside and bright glossy orange on the inside. Now, as soon as you heard orange, you knew I had to have them!! lol But really, I got the whole set for only $15.00!! I couldn't believe it, they were actually calling my name. I knew one of my girls would love them-eventually, since they both still live at home, lol. I then headed back into town and went to another crafts fair. I was doing research-and maybe a little shopping-fun, fun, fun!! I found the coolest candle for outside, I have been looking for something for my outside table but my backyard is such a wind tunnel that when I saw this I knew it was perfect. I just love it-so awesome!! Then, to make the day better, I went and got my hairdone-life doesn't get better than that!!! Needless to say, I was feeling a whole lot better. I have also had so much fun with Jordan, listening to how excited she is about her new relationship and how everything little thing is such a big deal. I remember that-it is so exciting. He invited her over for dinner Friday night-he was cooking- and she is so excited she can hardly stand it. I love her energy and innocence, her positive, upbeat attitude, it is absolutely contagous.
Saturday, the girls celebrated Mother's Day with us and took Grandmother, Francille and I out for lunch to Olive Garden and to a movie-Date Night-which is hilarious by the way. It was such a nice day. the girls are so fun and such good friends now-I love it!! Saturday night they both went out together-they are so darn cute!!
Sunday, I enjoyed the morning with Jordan, she made breakfast, then packed to head back to Conway to study for her last final on Tuesday. But first, she was making a pit stop and having coffee with Jordan before heading out of town. Yeah, that lasted all day, LOL!! I think it was 4:00 before she left town. I think its official-she is in deep like!! I enjoyed my day working in my studio. I finally got back there after being gone for a week. I loved it. I started a project that I had no intention of doing-its not on my list, lol. Anyway, I bought 2 resin adirondack chairs for the backyard but I knew they would blow away and had to figure our how to weight them down. I had a briiliant idea-sandbags. I made sandbag pillows, and they look so cute and they work. Chris can't imagine what I was doing with sand!! I then set out to make a "quick" table cloth. Yeah, that didn't work, but it is going to be so cool!! I am using fabric that matches my pillows and appliqueing onto my cloth then stitch painting!! It is sooo cool!! So, there is my week, and I am off to finish my table colth-YIPPEE.
Talk to you later.......

No comments:

Transcendental Etude

No one ever told us we had to study our lives, make of our lives a study, as if learning learning natural history or music, that we should begin with the simple exercises first and slowly go on trying the hard ones, practicing till strength and accuracy became one with the daring of breaking down the wild arpeggio or faulting the full sentence of the fugue.
--And in fact we can't live like that: we take on everything at once before we've even begun in the midst of the hard movement, the one already sounding as we are born.

Adrienne Rich